Saturday, September 08, 2007

What's the best place you've visited?

...is a question that I often get asked, whenever I share stories about my travels.

It's really difficult to answer this question diplomatically so I usually say something like "Every place is unique" or "I love all the different experiences". But truthfully, if you really must know, it's New Zealand (shhh...please don't tell my Aussie friends).

Aoteroa - the Land of the Long White Cloud is breathtakingly beautiful. The next few pictures speak for themselves.

Aunty Jo- Jo @ Queenstown amongst the gorgeous lupins


The foreshore of Lake Tekapo is a scene I often associate with the words "heaven on earth". The turquoise blue waters and multi-coloured lupins are just so incredibly beautiful. The modest Church of the Good Shepherd situated right next to the lake has one of the most amazing altars of all - no man made stained glass windows - just pure CREATION.


This view of the Remarkables Ranges is what I enjoyed as I floated to the ground following my skydive. My tandem instructor really cracked me up with this phrase - "Welcome to my office! Great view huh?"




There are so many exciting activities for adrenaline junkies in New Zealand. I enjoyed a heli-hike up the Fox Glacier and got to "cuddle up" with Craig, a guide, in an ice cave...heh...heh... enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I came across your blog on BBGS..Being a former BBGSian myself, i must say how happy and grateful i am for u to create the blog! Kudos and thank u! Brings back good memories =)

Anyway, i wud hav to agree bt NZ being a WONDER! I am currently studying in Wellington, NZ =) ehehe Tc!