- Paradise is not an overrated word when describing Bali
- Every other person is named Wayan. This is because there is a set order of names for Balinese families:- Wayan (first child), Made (second), Nyoman (third) and Ketut (fourth). What happens if there's a fifth kid? The cycle starts all over again!
- Having a daily massage is not a bad thing. In fact, it's a necessity
- Riding a motorbike along the paddy fields with a fresh breeze brushing your face is the best feeling in the world
- You can live life at whatever pace you choose - scheduled or unscheduled
- Kuta & Denpasar are best avoided unless you like dour aggressive street vendors
- Don't count on getting any service in the tourist areas if you're not "white". We had the worst experience in Ku De Ta, an upmarket club in Jimbaran Bay and Uluwatu, a premium linen shop in Ubud. We were totally ignored at both venues in favour of western tourists.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Random Bali snippets
As I wrap up my holiday in Bali, here are some random things I've noticed:-