Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Singing for my Lord

Music and song have always played an important part in my life.  Blessed with the ability to carry a tune from a young age, I've had the privilege of singing and performing on many stages from school to sanctuary to stadium.  On this recent trip to Israel, I was blessed to sing on some of the most amazing stages ever created.  One of the simple reasons I enjoy singing is because when I use this gift, I can feel God's pleasure. 


At the Garden Tomb in Jerusalem, I sang "Come to the Table of Mercy" while Pastor Pauline served communion.  It was a very moving experience because the presence of the Lord was evident and I'm so grateful to have had that opportunity to bless others and be blessed in return.



Another special encounter took place on a boat as we sailed the Sea of Galilee.  I was invited to lead worship for our tour group and as we began to sing, there He was in our midst bringing joy and peace beyond measure.

(Photos courtesy of Joy Lim)

No comments: