Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Puppy Love


There he stood, just a mere 10 feet away from me, the first boy I ever fell in love with, singing "Puppy Love" while I screamed in delight and swooned unabashedly.  Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to to present the one and only Donny Osmond! 

Tuesday, 12 February 2013.  Another dream come true.  Watching the Donny and Marie show live at the Flamingo Showroom in Las Vegas.

The dynamic duo are really world-class entertainers.  From the moment they entered the stage, they filled the atmosphere with such dynamism, it literally took my breath away.  The show highlighted musical hits spanning their careers from the 70's right up to their latest work on Broadway.  Marie's renditions of Requiem, Sound of Music and Getting to Know You in soft soprano was amazing and really showcased how much she has continued to grow as an artiste.

Meanwhile, I was pleasantly surprised at how well Donny can dance.  His "Soldier of Love" act contained some really cool hip-hop and even "Gangnam Style" moves!  Amazing how a 56-year old man can rock my world even more than the Chippendales :)

More than anything, I walked out of the theatre that night as happy and hopeful about "tomorrow being a perfect day" as I was as an eight year old at the end of my favourite TV show.

Photo borrowed from Donny & Marie Vegas website

No comments: