Thursday, March 13, 2008

Path of Juicing

There is one thing that I really miss when I'm travelling - fresh juices.
For over a year now, I have been juicing for breakfast. All manner of carrots, apples, celery, cucumbers, ginger, cabbage, grapes, peppers and spinach have beaten a path to my juicer. My favourites include carrot & ginger and carrot, apple & celery.
I tried something a little different today - a totally green juice. Rummaging through my supplies, I assembled some Granny Smith apples, mini cucumbers, green peppers and brocolli. After washing and some slicing, I carefully arranged them for this artistic shot.

All of raw fruit & vegetables went into my super Phillips juicer and this beautiful glass of fresh juice emerged.
It tasted very...errr...green. Refreshing no doubt, but a bit heavy on the chlorophyll. I'll probably halve the amount of broccolli the next time round.

This juicing regime has been a great de-tox tool for me, and I really feel much better in the mornings.

No comments: