Monday, March 10, 2008

Supper in San Francisco

My sister Julie moved to the US two years ago, and it's been hard for the both of us. Despite being as different as night and day, we miss each other's company and chat almost every day on the phone. And so when I was asked to run a course in San Francisco two weeks ago, nobody twisted my arm. I was happy to snatch a few days with Julie and thoroughly enjoyed the shopping, sightseeing and suppers!


The freezing Yeoh sisters at Fort Point, overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge

In Malaysia, our favourite supper is roti canai and teh tarik. But no chance of enjoying that in SF so we had to make do with an Italian supper instead. A seven-course Italian meal at Caesar's dining room in the heart of North Beach. The salad and antipasti servings were a sight to behold! I enjoyed the chickpea salad, marinated calamari and tuna mash, especially on buttered bread. The spaghetti and meatballs is another dish that's been romanticised by countless hours of watching American TV. It was far from disappointing and I'd gladly have another serving, with lashings of fresh parmesan!


A table laden with antipasti, salad and spaghetti & meatballs...yummmy!

I really enjoyed Julie's company and can't wait to see her again in October. Ciao bella!

No comments: