Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Settling in Singapore

Aunty Jo Jo with her gorgeous friend Li Ki admiring Christmas lights @ Orchard Road, Singapore

Last September, I re-located back to Singapore after almost 10 years. The transition has been very easy because so many of my friends have also made the move. However, I did ensure that my new job requires 50% travel to avoid the "cabin fever syndrome", which is quick to take hold in an island nation.

Some things I really enjoy about Singapore...
  • Friends from Malaysia, Australia, Switzerland and UK who have all re-located to Singapore
  • Singaporeans seem to have become friendlier, funnier and much more tolerable - or maybe I've mellowed and become more tolerant :-)
  • The business climate is exciting and challenging
  • International cuisine, arts & theatre is more interesting than KL
  • Living only 15 minutes away from the airport
  • Err...dare I say it...earning Sing dollars is so liberating

Other things I'm not so fond of...

  • Not having a car! (I hope to remedy that soon)
  • Trying to catch a cab on rainy days
  • Ludicrous rental for condos and apartments
  • Crowds along Orchard Road and Vivo City


No comments: