Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fun with kids

I'm back in Sacramento after spending three weeks in the eastern United States. While it's been fun, it's good to hang up my tourist boots and start enjoying ordinary civilian life again. Trips to the gym followed by shopping sprees to Costco. While Julie headed back to work today, I got the chance to spend some time with our neighbour's kids: Josh, Faith & Zach.


The Watermelon Kids (L-R): Faith, Josh & Zach

It was a hot day so the first thing we did was to carve up a watermelon. These kids knew exactly what to do: they each grabbed a slice of watermelon, headed into the back garden, lined up in a straight row and started munching on the juicy coral slices. "We always eat watermelon in the backyard. We don't wanna mess up the kitchen!", was Josh's reply when I asked what they were up to.


Kids enjoying the brownies they helped to bake

I love to bake so it was a treat to have an appreciative audience. Josh & Faith helped me to put together the Ghiradelli brownies and within an hour, we were all helping ourselves to the yummy chocolatey dessert...err...although we didn't actually have lunch. So much for having a responsible adult in the house :-)

Later on, I introduced Joshua to the world of Michael Jackson videos starting with Thriller, Black or White, Beat It, Smooth Criminal and his favourite, Billie Jean.

No comments: