Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Happy New Year 2015!





"And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" - Philippians 4:19
This is the promise that came to me early in 2014 and has been fulfilled in the most marvellous ways this year.  I am writing this annual newsletter in New Delhi after a dream holiday with my best friends. Christmas is the perfect time to reflect and be grateful for all the blessings enjoyed this year.
  • 2014 got off to a roaring start with a family reunion in California.  Daddy and Julie jointly celebrated their birthdays for the first time in many years, and the Yeohs ushered in the Year of the Horse with friends in Julie's Citrus Heights home
  • Visited the US three times this year.  Fell in love with a beautiful place called Pacific Grove on the northern California coast in winter.  Enjoyed it so much I went back in late spring to vist Monterey and Carmel as well.  The mountains around Lake Tahoe provided more inspiration in the fall
  • One of my career highlights this year was a visit to LinkedIn's headquarters in Mountain View, as part of a global group of customer advocates.  The time spent in Silicon Valley and a fireside chat with Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn's co-founder, about "tours of duty" motivated me to wrap up my role at SingPost in July, and take a career break to recharge
  • The wonderful thing about a career break is the opportunity for more leisurely travel to catch up with friends I haven't seen in the longest time!  A big thank you to Selina (Penang), Ian (KL), Martin and Tariq (London), Kathleen (LA) and my sister Julie who have been such gracious hosts to me this year
  • Spent my birthday in London with Martin and Tariq, two wonderful friends from my MBA days.  It was quite a homecoming being back in the UK after 14 years. Visited the Kentish coast and Canterbury  as well
  • Ending the year on a high note with a tour of India. Till now, Taj Mahal, Rajasthan, Old Delhi have only been figments of my imagination, and to be able to experience them personally has been such a treat!  Even more wonderful, are the new friends I've made while in New Delhi. 
While I have chosen to focus on the positives from 2014, I'm also reminded of the heartbreak in the shape of airline disasters, epidemics, terrorism and wars and I ask you to join me in a silent prayer for those who have gone before their time, and for sanity to return soon.  

Despite this, I am still very excited to see what 2015 will bring. It is another year for us to celebrate life, family and friendships.  To become all that we were created to be.  

And so to all my friends, old and new, I wish you all the best for a fruitful and blessed 2015.


Blessed Christmas and Happy 2015!

No comments: