Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Quiet Saturday

Every once in a while, I enjoy a quiet Saturday. No travel, no parties, no plans. Just a chance to rest the body, calm the mind and anchor the soul. Today was such a day.

It feels so good to wake up when you've finished sleeping, free from the dictates of the alarm clock. Today, I even stayed in bed to read Isabel Allende's "Daughter of Fortune". It was almost 11am before I got up to pop the laundry into washing machine.

At 12, I waltzed into Element Fresh, my favourite neighbourhood restaurant, for a leisurely lunch. A tall glass of fresh carrot & ginger juice and a classic cobb salad. Delicious. More Isabel Allende.

At half past one, I crossed the road and entered Tony & Guys, the neighbourhood hair salon. A relaxing hair wash and blow dry. Very nice.

Back to the apartment. Listen to my favourite music: Pachabel, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach...some Michael Buble and Eva Cassidy.

Blog a little.

Spend time with my Saviour.

A lovely day.

No comments: