Saturday, September 26, 2009

Birthday blessings

Today, I learnt that turning 39 feels a lot better than turning 30! Why I wondered?

Elizabeth Lee, my learned friend who's the Head of Sunway College, explains it best with a quote by Robert Louis Stevenson:
To hold the same views at forty as we held at twenty is to have been stupefied for a score of years, and take rank, not as a prophet, but as an unteachable brat, well birched and none the wiser.

I have been truly blessed by a stream of well wishes that include:
  • a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday" by Katelynn on the phone from KL first thing in the morning
  • long-distance phone calls from US and Malaysia from my family
  • Facebook greetings from friends all over the world
  • dinner with Lu Meng & family at Sakae Sushi in Singapore (thanks for the treat!)
  • hugs and kisses from Justin and Jared to end the day


Birthday kiss from Jared & hug from Justin

On top of all that, I even managed to attend a property investment seminar on how to make a million dollars and caught the roar of engines at the F1 qualifying round. We saw a McLaren whizzing down the track as we drove along the Nicoll Highway. Hooray for Lewis Hamilton on pole...couldn't have asked for a better ending to a special day.

Thank You to everyone for your calls, smses, Facebook greetings, emails, hugs and kisses. I thank my God for every remembrance of you (Philippians 1:3).

No comments: