Monday, January 18, 2010

Afternoon tea at Halia

I never thought I would say this:- My travel schedule is minimal and I'm LOVING it! It gives me a chance to settle into my new apartment, explore Singapore and strengthen my network of friends. Life is good...

Last Saturday, Four Fantastic Ladies reunited at the Botanical Gardens for English afternoon tea to celebrate Corrine's triumphant return to Singapore!



Joanna, Corrine, Stef & Kon reunited at the Singapore Botanical Gardens

Can you think of anything more delightful than sipping a cup of Earl Grey tea in the tranquil setting of a lush tropical garden with four of your best friends? Restaurant Halia's interpretation of afternoon tea is spot on - salmon sandwiches, chicken pie, raisin scones and o yes....the ginger orange marmalade is to die for!

We had a wonderful time exchanging presents and stories of our lives in the last 6 months. There have been so many changes to our homes, jobs, families and physical locations, it was a treat to catch up on the latest goss. It was no wonder that every one of us woke up the next morning with a smile on our face!


Corrine & Aunty Jo Jo with their English mem-sahib impersonations

No comments: