Sunday, December 25, 2011

Season's Greetings from Joanna (2011)

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, The one whom the Lord loves rests between His shoulders"

Deuteronomy 33:12

2011 has been a year of resting secure in God's promises. I am writing this newsletter at the end of a six-week vacation in America with my sister, Julie. I've enjoyed the fall colours, celebrated Thanksgiving, harvested oranges and lemons, visited friends in New York and Los Angeles, seen one of my favourite Van Gogh's, and watched the taping of Anderson Cooper's talk show! All in all, a very good holiday.

This after celebrating the anniversary of my first year in business, which has been going well, thanks to the support of clients from Singapore, Malaysia and China. I've also been blessed with connections to new partners in Germany and US. The independence and flexibility of managing my own time, coupled with the intellectual stimulation of meeting new clients, training partners and coaches are just some of the rewards I enjoy about of being a business owner. Thank you very much for your prayers and words of encouragement, and I look forward to sharing some of my reflections with you in the near future.

The freedom of time has allowed me to discover two important things about myself. Firstly, that I truly love singing and miss using this gift. So in August, I auditioned for the New Creation Church choir and got in! I debuted in early November and look forward to serving with the choir in 2012. Secondly, I have gained a clearer view about my personal mission - how I'm meant to channel my skills, experience and networks to serve in a new field. It is very exciting and I look forward to obeying the call as His plans are further revealed in the next few years.

I pray that you will all enjoy the Love and Grace of God in your lives and homes this season. Until we meet again next year,
Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!


2 comments:

Mama Anne said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family! Very happy to see you achieving every endeavors in life, business and etc. You are so blessed. Annie Wong-Ching

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna, thank you for sharing your newsletter with me and glad you had a wonderful holiday. Wishing you the best of good health, peace, love & prosperity in the coming year. - Gert