Sunday, May 11, 2008

Brunch on the Bund



Making new friends at M on the Bund - THE place to see and be seen in Shanghai

One of best Aussie friends, Glenn Hogan, dropped by Shanghai this weekend and we had a lovely brunch at a posh restaurant on the Bund. The M on the Bund started the rejuventation of high-class restaurants in this area and has an amazing view of the old & new Shanghai. The food is also excellent, my selection today being white asparagus salad, fish & chips and mango with coconut ice- cream. Very nice!

Glenn & I first met when I moved to Sydney in 2000. He is a chef by profession (and a very good one!) and I ate my way to culinary heaven under his tutelage. It was so good to catch up with him again and be introduced to some of his Shanghai acquaintances. Mavis, John and Martyn are all hoteliers and KNOW the best places to wine and dine. They were also kind enough to offer to take me under their wings for the next 5 months. Can't wait to build up more networks in this amazing city.

No comments: