Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jin Qiao - Golden Bridge

Although I'm in love with Puxi & Old Shanghai, my neighbourhood of choice is Jin Qiao. It's an expatriate enclave in Pudong that's near to work and the airport.

Let's go for a walk...



Citadines Apartments & the Canals

First stop is the Citadines Serviced Apartments which is my home till early October. It's located on Hongfeng Lu. These apartments have been recently refurbished and is part of the Ascott Group.

Let's cross the road and we'll find a canal park which is a lovely spot for walks or reading a book. In addition, there are good restaurants nearby that satisfy my cravings for Western f
ood. One of my favourites is Element Fresh - the healthy breakfast, juices, salads & wraps are to die for!


Meeting the needs of Mind, Body & Soul

Walking a little further along, we'll come upon some outlets that meet the needs of the:
  • Mind - IMandarin is where I'm taking language lessons with Wu Lau Se twice a week.
  • Body - Four Seasons Green Bamboo club is where I go for foot & body massages. Already have their loyalty discount card :-)
  • Soul - Beautiful Catholic Church across the road that I haven't visited yet because errr...I'm not Catholic?
Another 15 minute walk takes us to Carrefour Jinqiao with everything you would need in a supermarket and a mall with Thai, Indian, Japanese, Chinese and more pubs! What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: