Friday, August 17, 2007

Australia - Great Ocean Road

Australia is a blessed land, "girt by sea" and filled with mile after mile of gorgeous (and expensive!) ocean views.

I fulfilled one of my dreams in August 2006 by driving the length of the Great Ocean Road. Staying just ahead of a tour bus filled with Chinese nationals, I drove all the way from Geelong to the London Bridge - 260kms (one way!) and back to Geelong.

  • All along the way, I found myself torn between the majestic ocean views and the emerald green hinterland scenes. So I stopped for morning tea, lunch, coffee, afternoon tea and lots of photos in between.

In addition to the world-famous Twelve Apostles and London Bridge, I fell in love with a little town called Apollo Bay. The foreshore views of the bay are breathtaking - among some of the best I've seen in the world.

Aunty Jo-Jo@ Twelve Apostles, Victoria




No comments: