Monday, August 13, 2007

USA - Disneyland



One of my earliest memories of childhood was watching The Mickey Mouse Club on our black & white TV.

Every episode ended with a little cartoon figure of Tinkerbell waving her wand, and spreading little stars all over the Magic Castle.

Disneyland is a magical place to every child.

My inner child discovered that truth when I visited Disneyland for the first time in 2000. For the record, I entered the park at 8am (opening time) and left only at 12 midnight (when the gates closed)

What a fantastic day it was...

  • Taking a photo with Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck is a must - whatever age you may be
  • The Indiana Jones ride is such a realistic re-creation of our favourite archaeologist's adventures. You have got to try it
  • It's a Small World is an amazing ride filled with dolls wearing national costumes of different countries. But only go if you don't mind the song playing in your head for the next 3 days.
  • Riding the Magic Mountain roller-coaster, after a Coke & hot dog, is NOT advised. I have never felt so sick in my life!
  • The scariest ride in Disneyland is..... Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs....go see for yourself why that is...
  • Don't miss the parade that happens at 8pm every night. Cinderella, Snow White, Goofy, Ariel, Belle and all the other Disney favourites make an appearance

I'd like to record a special note of thanks to Kathleen and her husband William, who insisted that I make Disneyland a stop on my tour of LA. Also thanks for the free entry ;-)

No comments: